After a night of high winds (everything stayed in place) we woke to sunshine and showers. Not fancying final adjustments on the ridge, we began work on the eve. The tongue and groove boards were nailed on. It took a while to work out how much to overhang the road with the eve. The architect’s drawings simply make no sense. Eventually we set the overhang to as small as possible without looking odd. We then stapled on the waterproof felt which protects the top of the T&G.

Once we had the T&G complete, a big moment was upon us. We could start boarding the roof with the Homertherm insulation. This is most satisfying as progress is visible and quick. We completed the day with a bit of nail gun action. As the last batten went on the heavens opened, although this didn’t dampen the feeling of progress.

This entry was posted in Roof. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.