After a little rain last night, we made a slow start. The final set of rafters needed to meet the ridge board and be set at the right height. The ridge pole has seen some damp and worm over the years. It looks quite bad, but once we got to it with the chainsaw its integrity was clear. We could only cut a flat pad for the rafters with difficulty as the wood was so hard.
We set the levels and after lunch began bolting everything down. So that’s it we’re nearly ready for boarding up. Tomorrow we should receive our delivery of extra timber so we can complete the frame.
We had plenty of help, although the team needed a break to take on the French ….